Cervical Rotation machine
The MedX Medical Cervical Rotation machine is specifically designed to isolate and strengthen the rotary muscles of the neck known as the sternocleidomastoid muscles. Through the use of a secure restraint system and compound weight stack, the MedX Cervical Rotation machine enables isometric testing and dynamic variable resistance training throughout the patient’s “pain-free” range of motion (ROM) up to a maximum cervical rotation of 168 degrees. Isometric Testing is
typically administered using 6 test points at 24-degree intervals within the patient’s ROM up to a maximum of 84 degrees of left rotation and 84 degrees of right rotation with the ability to adjust selected test points in 6 degree increments.
The importance of capturing force measurements as an indicator of a patient’s strength is clinically validated by extensive research showing that patients with neck pain are often significantly weaker in these areas than healthy, asymptomatic individuals. Accordingly, an initial evaluation of strength is clinically important in order to determine a patient’s functional baseline and identify improvements in strength and range of motion while engaged in a rehabilitation program.
- Isolates & strengthens the neck muscles that support the cervical spine by restraining the neck and chest
- Measures a patient’s full “pain-free” range of motion (ROM) including left rotation and right rotation
- Includes isometric testing capabilities with the ability to quantitatively measure the strength of a patient at standardized test points within the patient’s ROM
- Delivers customized and tailored dynamic exercise program that is designed to safely and incrementally strengthen a patient’s neck muscles while also increasing range of motion using 15-minute weekly sessions over an 8-12 week period
- Generates clinical Isometric Test & Dynamic Exercise reports using the MedX Rehab software platform
Complete the form to contact our MedX Rehab team.